The Evolving Landscape of Venture Capital
Networking Event & Panel Discussion
This late afternoon event will bring together two panels of industry experts who will discuss why 2014
was the biggest year for VC activity since the recession, how 2015 activity is shaping up, changes in
funding strategies and the growing NYC technology and venture scene.
Uber will be providing free and discounted rides to and from the event.
PitchBook will be providing event content and free Pitchbook Data subscriptions to all attendees.
Each panel will consist of 3-4 executive speakers and the audience will be comprised of an invited group of
150-200 investors, corporate executives, legal and financial advisers.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
To set the stage for an exciting afternoon of VC dialogue and networking, Peggy Cohen, Managing Director of Donnelley Financial Solutions' Global Capital Market's business, will share research and data around the current technology & venture environments.
Panel 1: Why 2014 was the biggest year for VC activity since the recession?
- A discussion focused on the factors behind the surge in VC activity in 2014
- An industry-based outlook on 2015 and how this year may differ from last year
- The advantages and disadvantages of the new late stage funding timeline
Panel 2: The maturing and evolution of the NY venture scene
- A discussion focused on the current venture scene in the NYC region, what its strengths are and what is still needed to put NYC on par with Silicon Valley and Boston
- What we saw in NYC VC activity in 2014 and what to expect in 2015 and beyond
- There are more than 100 companies currently VC-backed in the NYC region that have raised over $50 million.